Thursday, November 4, 2010

Whats a Mash-up?

A mash-up in my view is when two separate things are combined to create something unique and different than the original sources. These things could be audio, movies, or anything that can be mashed up. It could also be two separate things like audio with a video or vice versa. To me the best mash-ups are the ones that make something enjoyable to watch/hear and are also funny as well.



This mash-up was hilarious and could be considered a mash-up because it took Star Wars and put the A-team theme over it. I liked it mostly because it was funny and they did the " ...as Han Solo..." parts really well.



This mash-up was pretty funny and it looked like it could of actually been in a movie, if you did not know anything about Star Wars or Rush Hour. Lando's appearance and Chris's voice are pretty well together.

5 comments:

  1. Both really great examples of funny mash-ups! I love your post! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed,

    I love both of these, and I hadn't seen either before. What is remarkable about both is how well done they are. I mean the Star Wars/A-Team mashup is quite professional, as is the Rush Hour knock-off. And it turns out the Rush Hour mashup is much funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are great examples of a mash-up. I like the idea of taking Star Wars and treating it like a corny TV show with the credits and the running. Very funny.
    I also like the scene from Rush Hour and how that fits so well with the scene from Star Wars--excellent choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw the Star Wars one and am kicking myself for not seeing it earlier. It was brilliant! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Star Wars/Rush Hour one is hilarious. Those two characters fit really well with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan's voices. Really funny.

    ReplyDelete